what to do if dog eats chocolate

Best answer


How To Treat Your Dog When They Eat ChocolateTalk to a vet. Talk to a veterinarian if your dog could have eaten a potentially toxic amount of chocolate so you know how to proceed immediately.Try activated charcoal. …Force vomiting with hydrogen peroxide. …Go to an emergency clinic. …

People also ask


  • Can a dog get sick from eating too much chocolate?

  • Some dogs don鈥檛 have an off switch and will eat and eat and eat. Related: When is it dangerous to share ice cream with your dog? 鈥?The amount of chocolate your dog has to eat to get sick will depend on the type of chocolate. As a general rule, the darker the chocolate the sicker it will make your dog.

  • What should I do if my dog ate chocolate wrappers?

  • Call your vet for advice or, out of hours, your nearest Vets Now. It will help your vet if you can tell them how much chocolate your dog ate, what type it was 鈥?wrappers can be very helpful 鈥?and when your dog ate it.

  • What can I give my Dog for chocolate poisoning?

  • The most common way vets treat chocolate poisoning is to use fluids and IV drugs, he says. For example, they’ll use a drug called apomorphine to force vomiting, stomach pumping to flush the stomach with fluids, and medicine called activated charcoal to prevent the chocolate from getting into your dog鈥檚 blood.

  • How long after a dog eats chocolate will symptoms appear?

  • Symptoms of dogs eating chocolate usually occur between four and 24 hours after your dog has eaten chocolate. The effect and signs of chocolate poisoning in dogs depends on the amount eaten and the size of the breed.